A mum-blog by a live music lover who doesn't go to gigs.
Potential to be the biggest waste of blogspace ever.
PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO READ THE 'FOUNDATIONS OF MNMT'
Sad to hear this but have to agree with one of the comments that this is a perfect project for crowdfunding.. so many loyal readers and supporters would happily chip in to keep this quality magazine afloat. Arts funding is taking some big hits these days, would be a beautiful thing to see the creatives supported directly by those who love the creations.
Here’s a small handful of things Northern Ireland is famous for:
- Violence with mafia style gangs running the country
- Glory Rory McIlJoy golf hero
- George Best and his International Airport
Here’s a few musical heroes to come from our shores:
- Van Morrison
- Snow Patrol
Perhaps you’re thinking this isn’t all that and you’re glad to live on the mainland. However, I’m here to reassure you that where in the past we have merely hinted at greatness…think Veda, the Titanic (emmm), Colin Murray?, The Undertones?…but now we are ready. We wish to take our place among the big boys
Here are a few reasons why NI is officially the best thing since sliced wheaten..
- And so I watch you from afar
- Eminem is coming to play in a small park in Bangor, Co Down this August. This is both incredible and hilarious.
- The MTV video music awards are being held in Odyssey Belfast this November and we are the only country who has to change the law in order to let the partygoers have a drink at the aftershow since NI laws still state you cannot sell alcohol after midnight on a Sunday.
- Not Squares (David Holmes remix)
- Two Door Cinema Club (live at Glastonbury 2011)
- RAMS pocket radio - the ultimate one-man band with hints of Elton, Duke Special, Phil Collins and Rufus Wainwright, what’s not to love?!
- Cashier no 9